Thursday, June 4, 2026

poems

 5/25/2026

I'm imposing a new rule that for my writing about myself places that they're not allowed to talk about leaves of absence because it just wastes time and repeats sentiments without any proven benefit. 

heres a few poems

A.
Today I am going to look people in the eyes and smile. 
And my smile will tell them I'm trying as hard, I'm no less, but everyone's got problems and that's why my hair's wearing the grease of three days and I'm in pajamas. 
It will tell them about the people I've met here and how I don't know what I'm looking for or what I'm learning for.
It will tell them about my house and my family's love, about my school and the friends I've made, about the people who hurt me, about what I think of love. 
It will tell them about the times I didn't believe in anything, about funerals, about Sarah. It will tell them that this morning I thought about how long it's been since I saw her face, or called my mom, or got a good hug. It will tell them how I wished I could take it all back. 
My smile will tell them; I don't bite, I'm just like you. I am friendly, I am lonely. 
It'll ask, "Are you lonely too?" While I grit my teeth and purse my lips. 
and let my fingers twitch at their tips

and when they smile back i will listen too

B.
A droplet slips onto the floor from the lip of a cup in my hands. The water anxious, rippling circles tremble form the sides, wanting to follow. An ocean cascades from the hole of a cup in my hands. The waves splash in thrilling cacophony, hitting the floor under, over each other, making a lakeside front of the tile, and settling into rest. A puddle sits patiently in silence. An empty space cozies into the cup in my hands. The moisture wicks its way eager up our socks, leaving tracks as I hasten for a towel. 

Sorry, says the water.  

C.

dear God, please let me die today. I am in so much pain just being alive on your green earth and I know that this is a gift but I'd like to take the receipt to the returns and cash in some store credit.

ok. 

and if only god were so merciful.  

No comments:

Post a Comment